On July 29, World Lasagna Day is celebrated. This beloved dish is so well known around the world that it has its own day on the calendar.
For this reason, we have thought that you will be interested in knowing its origin and leaving you a delicious and simple recipe. Keep reading our post.
Origin of lasagna
The word lasagna / lasagna comes from lasanon, in Greek. The word lasanon or lasanum makes referred to the container in which this type of pasta was cooked. It is said that this dish was created to feed the population in winter.
Lasagnaconsists of sheets of pasta with sauce (usually bologneseor with a white sauce). Cheese is usually added.
The first lasagna were served in much the same way as the current version, preparing layers of pasta with different ingredients between layers.
With the expansion of the Roman Empire, this dish would reach much of Europe. It was in Britain that the first modern cookery books would be published.
Light and delicious lasagna recipe
Next, we are going to detail a simple lasagna recipe to taste at any time, since it can be served hot or cold. In addition, it is a vegetable and meat lasagna, a lighter option than the traditional recipe.
Ingredients for the meat and vegetable lasagna:
- 1/2 Kg of meat.
- 200 g of crushed tomato.
- 1 onion.
- 100 g of spinach.
- 2 carrots
- 1 zucchini.
- Olive oil.
- Lasagne pasta.
- Grated cheese.
- 1 teaspoon of sugar.
Follow the next steps:
- Season the meat to taste.
- In a frying pan, add a drizzle of olive oil, then add the seasoned meat. Add the tomato sauce with the teaspoon of sugar to remove the acidity and cook until ready over medium heat.
- In another pan, we cook the chopped vegetables. We add a handful of pine nuts.
- At the same time, cook the spinach in a saucepan with water and salt.
- We turn on the oven and preheat to 190º.
- In a baking dish, we begin to assemble the layers. First we put a layer of lasagna pasta and, on top, a layer of the cooked meat. We put back a layer of lasagna pasta and a layer of the cooked vegetables. Finally, we place the last layer of lasagna pasta and add the grated cheese on top and oregano to taste.
- We put the container in the oven for 35 min up and down at 190º, making sure that it does not toast.
- We let it rest and our lasagna will be ready to taste.
We hope you are encouraged to cook it and you like it as much as I do.
From Grupo Vifra we want to celebrate this special day for world gastronomy by offering perfect packaging for the occasion. Discover ourprecooked containers for oven and microwave, special for cooking lasagna, among many other possibilities.