With the year we’ve had, one of the main ways to escape this quarantine has been to polish our skills in the kitchen. When we let our imagination run wild, dishes of all sizes, colours and flavours come out. What can we do? We are potential artists.
7th May the international pizza dayis celebrated. We wanted to rescue and show the world a recipe put into practice by many families in times, the cauliflower base pizza. A low-calorie vegetable dish that allows you to enjoy pizza without giving up the pleasure of eating it.
Want to know all about this delicious recipe? Continue reading our post.
Cauliflower base pizza recipe
- 300 g. cauliflower
- Cheese for melting
- 1 egg m
- 1 dessert spoonful of Provençal herbs
- 15 g. of ground almonds
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Garlic powder
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 4 mushrooms
- First, wash and drain the cauliflower. Cut into small bunches and place in the bowl of a food processor or food chopper. Mash to a fine texture (similar to cauliflower rice).
- Microwave the cauliflower for about 10 minutes in a casserole dish, then transfer to a kitchen towel. Close the cloth over the cauliflower and try to remove the water it contains.
- In a large bowl, add the mashed cauliflower, ground almonds, egg, melting cheese and garlic powder. Sprinkle with salt, Provencal herbs and ground black pepper.
- With a spatula, carefully mix the ingredients together until you have a uniform and manageable dough.
- Cover a baking tray with baking paper. We take small portions of the dough and place them on the paper.
- We flatten it to a thickness of about one centimetre and make a circular shape.
- Now we must preheat the oven to 250º so that it is very hot. Then bake the pizza for 20 minutes at 200º on the middle tray.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and add the final ingredients. Any can work, we have chosen basil, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and a little more cheese for melting.
- Finally, put it in the oven for 5 more minutes so that the top is cooked and that’s it! This delicious pizza can be served immediately.
What are the benefits of this pizza?
This fantastic cauliflower-based pizza is flourless and breadless, so it’s an ingenious way to make cauliflower foods healthier, and to get more vegetables into your diet.
The youngest members of the household (and not so young) often find it hard to put cauliflower in their mouths, but everyone loves pizza. What better way to get them to eat cauliflower than to hide it in such a subtle and appetising way?
Cauliflower contains important minerals such as potassium and calcium, as well as vitamin C and a large amount of fibre. In this way, we achieve that a food as complete as pizza also has a lower calorie component and is healthier, but without losing any of its flavour!
At Vifra Group, we want you to enjoy International Pizza Day by providing you with wonderful ecological and sustainable packaging that is perfect for your food. Do you want to know our grease and moisture resistant pizza boxes? Contact us.