International Hamburger Day is celebrated on 28 May.The dish is an appetising dish that we all love and which is widely known throughout the world. As you will have noticed, it is practically impossible not to find it on the menus of any restaurant.
We know them in all shapes, names, sizes and colours. It is a dish suitable for any company and can fit perfectly into all types of diets. Do you know a tasty way to enjoy them with healthier ingredients?
A perfect symbiosis is the veggie burger.
Do you know all about burgers? Want to see how to make a fantastic veggie burger recipe? We tell you everything you need to know in this post.
Truths and myths about hamburgers.
On the occasion of International Hamburger Day, we are going to tell you a series of curiosities that you will find particularly interesting.
- Thehamburgerwas born in Hamburg and not in America. as is often thought. The most popular version states that it was created by a cook after giving the recipe to sailors in Hamburg.
- Despite the belief that hamburgers are not good for a balanced diet, experts agree that they are a very complete dish. which can be perfectly incorporated. The difference is made by the quality of the dish and its processing.
- Originally burgers in England were called Salisbury Steak. Because Dr. James H. Salisbury, M.D. He recommended them to his patientsfor colitis, anaemia and other diseases.
- The world’s most expensiveburger is for sale at the luxurious Mandala Bay Casino Resort in Las Vegas. For the modest price of $5000 would you be willing to take a bite?
- The most fatteningburger according to the Guinness World Record is the “Quadruple Bypass Burger” provided at the Heart Attack Grill restaurant in Las Vegas, with almost ten thousand calories.
- If we want a normal hamburger to beas healthy as possible, one of the best recommendations is to use extra virgin olive oil and accompany it with a salad and fruit.
Recipe for a delicious veggie burger
Hamburger dough ingredients:
- Assorted mushrooms, 250 g
- Red kidney beans, 200g
- Brown rice, 125g (already boiled)
- Walnuts, 30g
- Carrots 1
- Red pepper, ½
- Purple onion
- Oat flakes (5 tablespoons)
- Tomato concentrate (1 tablespoon)
- Pepper flesh, (1 tablespoon)
- Sweet paprika (1 tbsp)
- BBQ seasoning (1 tbsp)
- Onion powder, (1 tablespoon)
- Curry, (1 tbsp)
- Thyme, (1 tablespoon)
- Leaf sauce, (1 tablespoon)
To assemble Hamburger:
- Hamburger bun
- Cherry tomatoes, 2
- Garlic clove, 1
- Avocados, ½
- Gherkins, ½
- Red onion, ¼
- Barbecue Sauce
- Aioli sauce
- Cheese, to taste
1. Sauté the hamburger “dough”.
Pour a splash of olive oil into the frying pan. Once heated, add the ingredients (red onion, red pepper, chilli, carrot and mushrooms). Add the soy sauce and stir well to blend the flavours.
Add the cooked brown rice and stir. Then add the red kidney beans and stir again so that everything is linked together. Then add the tomato concentrate and the pepper flesh.
It is then rounded off with the condiments and spices we have at our disposal: onion powder, thyme, sweet paprika, curry, barbecue seasoning, etc.
2. Grind the burger “dough”.
The next step is to add it to a mincer. Add the walnuts, brewer’s yeast and a pinch of salt. Allow it to be crushed, but do not let it lose its consistency completely.
3. Prepare the burger “balls”.
Transfer the meat mass into some kind of deep dish or deep bowl. Add oat flakes and mix well with your hands. We must build the balls according to the size of the hamburger we want to make. If it lacks a little more consistency, add more oat flakes.
4. Fry the burgers.
Place the hamburger balls in the frying pan with a drizzle of hot oil. Then use a spatula to shape it. Now simply allow the ingredients to cook thoroughly.
5. Building our burger
This type of dish can be made with almost anything, but we suggest the following ingredients:
Add an avocado aioli sauce to the burger bun, brush the burger with barbecue sauce and finally add the sliced cherry tomatoes, gherkins, sheep’s cheese, onion and some more aioli on top.
A good way to accompany it is with a small portion of chips or a salad, as well as soft drinks, wine, beer or water. And enjoy this delicious veggie burger!
From Grupo Vifra,we want you to enjoythe international day of the hamburger. by providing you with wonderful eco-friendly and sustainable packaging that is perfect for your food. Do you want to know our fast food boxes greaseproof and freeze Contact us.